Like what I've always say, the most difficult task that I encounter ever since I got married is to think of our everyday meal. Ngayon mas naiintindihan ko na parents ko kung gano kahirap mag isip ng kakainin namin sa araw-araw. Thanks Dad and Mom for the delicious food that you've prepared for 27 years of my life.
It’s so hard for me to list down the meals for a week which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner. Syempre dapat di pare-pareho and dapat laging may bagong recipe but you know what now I realized that I really love to cook lalo na ako ang reyna ng kitchen namin (meron pa bang aagaw? E dalawa lang kami sa bahay.) Hehe. Anyway, moving forward.. My husband loves tofu, in fact di yan mawawala sa order namin whenever we visit Chowking and Max's Restaurant. He also loves tokwa’t baboy especially pag may masarap na sauce akong ginawa. Naku, ubos lagi ang sinaing namin.
So one day, while browsing the net for new recipes I saw this blog which offers some recipes and restaurant reviews which are based on the truth and for her personal experience. This blog is my new inspiration in cooking - http://mysassychef.blogspot.com thanks Pearl for the wonderful recipes!
Now, let’s proceed with my new recipes I got from pearl. I cooked Sizzling Tofu ala Max’s last Monday night and I’m so happy to say that it was perfect! As in parang kumain ka narin sa Max’s restaurant! Hehe. Sharing with you the ingredients and procedures in making this scrumptious dish. (I eliminate some of her ingredients and make various revisions on cooking.)
250-gram pack Chinese tofu (But I suggest to make it 500-gram, super bitin samin yung 250-gram eh. Huhu)
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium size onion, chopped
1 bell pepper, finely chopped
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 tbsp water
3 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Prepare all the ingredients. Cut the Chinese tofu into cubes.
- Heat oil in a deep pan.
- Fry the Chinese tofu cubes in
hot oil until golden brown. Drain in paper towels.
- In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, oyster sauce, sugar and pepper. Mix well, and add water until desired thickness is achieved. Adjust taste accordingly.
- On a separate pan, heat the mayo mixture in low heat while stirring for two minutes, then add the bell pepper and continue stirring for one more minute.
- On a same pan where you fry
the Chinese tofu cubes, add a small amount of vegetable oil. Saute garlic and
onions until cooked.
- Add in the tofu and mayo dressing and mix well. (If you have sizzling plate, much better. ^_^)
- Sprinkle with sliced finger chili and more onions
- Serve Hot, Share and Enjoy!
Overall, I got 12 likes in Facebook and counting plus I a lot of queries on how to cook this dish. Wow! Thank you guys for your inquiry and also thanks to mysassychef for this recipe!